Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information 530-895-2511
1. Determine the type, purpose, and audience of your paper.
2. Ask a question, then make the answer your thesis statement.
3. Take a stance, then ensure that it is provable.
4. State it in two parts: a clear topic and a brief summary of what you will say.
5. Limit the thesis to one or two sentences.
In France, the academic dissertation or thesis is called a thèse and it is reserved for the final work of doctoral candidates. The minimum page length is generally (and not formally) 100 pages (or about 400,000 characters), but is usually several times longer (except for technical theses and for "exact sciences" such as physics and maths).
Example 5: George Will writes, “Economic equality is good for the United States.”
I hope these thesis statement examples would help you in shooting off your own thesis statement without any hassle. If you have any further questions, please feel free to drop a line.
Writing is always quick and fun with ! Keep in touch not to miss new awesome tools!